Saturday, November 6, 2010
Abstracta New Issue
Abstracta Special Issue V, 2010:
We are pleased to announce our “Special Issue V”. Our fifth special issue is a symposium on Michael Slote’s “The Ethics of Care and Empathy” (Routledge, 2007).
We are very honoured with the opportunity of publishing this discussion by a team of distinguished philosophers and of such an importance for ethical theory in general (whose relevance extends to a range of other subjects such as philosophical psychology, the philosophy of action and of emotion, and feminism).
* Précis of “The Ethics of Care and Empathy” (Michael Slote)
* Complexity in Caring and Empathy (Nel Noddings)
* Empathy and Ethics (John Cottingham)
* Caring and Empathy: On Michael Slote's Sentimentalist Ethics (Julia Driver)
* Is Empathy All We Need? (Annette C. Baier)
* Reply to Noddings, Cottingham, Driver, and Baier (Michael Slote)
Call for Papers
Submissions to Abstracta should be received at:
submissions [at] abstracta.pro.br
All submissions must be prepared for blind review. The author's name, institutional affiliation and e-mail address must be placed in a separate file, along with the article's title and keywords. The paper must be sent as an attached file in Microsoft Word or .rtf file format. Submissions may be in English or Portuguese.
Abstracta is also accepting reviews of books published from 2003 to the present. Book reviews should be a maximum of 2000 words in length.
Main research areas of interest:
* Philosophy of Mind and Psychology
* Moral Philosophy
* Philosophy of Language
For more information on submissions, please visit: